After a recent Facebook poll of my four readers, I’m sharing my delicious recipe for the BEST ever baked chicken.
The key to this recipe is the cooking process. I sear the meat at a higher oven temp. to lock in the juices then cover it for a steaming effect and the result? Juicy, tender, flavorful chicken!
From scratch with love, here is my recipe.
The BEST Ever Baked Chicken (from scratch)
1-1.5 lbs. boneless, skin-less, chicken breasts
4 Tablespoons butter (divided)
1/4 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon paprika
salt & pepper to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 425.*
- Filet chicken breasts into four congruent pieces.
- Mix flour and spices together.
- Toss chicken in flour mixture to coat.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a baking dish(in the preheated oven) for about 1 minute.
- Add coated chicken to the preheated pan.
- Top chicken with remaining butter (cubed).
- Bake at 425* for 30 minutes.
- Carefully turn chicken.
- Reduce heat to 350.*
- Cover baking dish with aluminum foil.
- Continue baking at 350*for an additional 20-30 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165.*
Tips & Tricks
Put spices and flour into a zipper storage bag, add chicken and shake to coat.
If you prefer crispy chicken, do not reduce heat or cover, but still turn cutlets half way through cooking time.
Try out the recipe and let me know how it turns out!
One thought on “The BEST Ever Baked Chicken (from scratch)”
Great chicken! I even forgot to cover it the last 20 mins and it was still moist!